"Useful idiots" a phrase often attributed to Lenin "is a pejorative term for those who are seen to unwittingly support a malignant cause through their 'naive' attempts to be a force for good." We see this phenomenon quite often in the Red/Green Alliance, with people who call themselves "progressive" rountinely aligning themselves with some of the most homophobic, mysogynistic and repressive organizations on our planet.
This staggeringly brutal piece by Nahida Izzat, originally published at the Intifada website www.intifada-palestine.com/2011/06/jewish-voice-for-peace-really puts the useful idiots in their place. But there's a twist. Izzat want the leftists to get out of Palestinian movement- she resents their western values and refuses to allow the norms of, oh, lets say "Jewish Voice for Peace" or "Women in Black" to influence the Palestinians desire to liberate the land of Israel through the expulsion of the Jewish people. Instead she wants them to "infiltrate the nefarious Judeo-Zionist network in order to affect real change from within". Be our winged monkeys, our stooges, our tools or get out, she implies. Know your place, dhimmi.
I would invite people to hear a Palestinian voice, here:
A strategy of liberation requires emancipation
* No decent human-being would demand to live on STOLEN land and still claims to have a fiber of morality.
* No decent human-being could claim that the perpetrator should have the same rights as the victim while claiming to be a humanist.
* Palestinians are under no obligation to hold back their march for freedom, to curtail their aims or to smother their rights for the sake of accommodating and not offending their Jewish supporters.
* Palestinians are always grateful and appreciative of the hard work and dedication of all their supporters whomever they are, however, Palestinians have NO obligation to adopt the aims and objectives of the anti-zionist Jewish supporters instead of their own.
* Dismissing the Palestinian voice as radical, reactionary, intolerant, or unreasonable, and requiring instead the Jewish-anti-zionist stamp of approval to have legitimacy to speak for Palestine, is preposterous and contradicts basic concepts of human rights and does not do justice to Palestinians.
* Palestinians have the ultimate right to choose their vision for their future, of a FREE and sovereign Palestine including the type of government, the writing of constitution, the construction and implementation of their legal and juristic system, which stems from and corresponds to their ethics and reflects and protects their culture.
* Palestinians have the ultimate right to make the final decision on who is allowed to stay in liberated Palestine and who is not, using the legal procedure of their own choice.
* The future of the Palestinian struggle and the aim of liberation of Palestine should not be designed to shield the occupier from paying the full price of his crimes; including the punishment of all those who participated in transgression, and the deportation of the illegitimate Ashkenazi Jewish immigrants who colonized Palestine forcefully and were engaged in acts of aggression against Palestinians including serving in the IOF.
* All refugee and their descendents have the unconditional right to come back home, they as the rightful indigenous owners are also entitled to the reinstatement of ALL confiscated (stolen) land and property, compensation for all their losses over the many years of exile and they are also entitled to Palestinian citizenship wherever they are.
* The aims and aspirations of most Palestinians are not confined to the change of zionist regime or the vacuous declaration of abandonment of zionism by the Jewish-zionist occupiers, but rather to the FULL Liberation of Palestine and the restoration of all their rights.
* It is the privilege of Palestinians to decide who should stay in their homeland and who not.
* After a century of terror, theft and crimes; had the Zionist shown any signs of remorse, respect or willingness to be decent guests, had they embraced with open arms the hospitable people of Palestine rather than destroying them with fire-arms; they might have had a chance to be accepted and forgiven. Not any more, as far as I am concerned. They have lost that opportunity…..
As a Palestinian, I see the role of any “Jewish voice for peace” who sincerely desire to contribute to the Liberation of Palestine and justice for Palestinians, and who desire to be identified through their contributions “as Jews”, then their role ought to be focused on cleaning their own house before sorting other people’s houses; i.e. that is to exclude any major role in influencing, leading or directing the Solidarity and/or Liberation Movement of Palestine.
To all our "friends" at Jewish Voice for Peace or Women in Black. Ask yourselves: Is this an agenda you can stand behind? How can you continue to stand with those calling for "Intifada"? How can you continue to stand with those espousing terror? How long can you continue to remain "useful idiots"?
actually, she did have one thing right in her post:
"when specifically Jewish organizations or activists ubiquitously claim to be the true representative of Jewish people, or the voice of Judaism, whereas they are but a tiny, minute, insignificant and ineffective minority, and what is more an ostracized and despised minority amidst their larger Jewish communities.....
therefore the claim that they speak for the Jewish people or Judaism is invalid, and the only reasonable consequence is to dissolve their separate “Jewish only” Anti-Zionist or Pro-Palestinian organizations, in order to become an integral part of the Solidarity Movement."
Well, JVP, how does it feel to have your radical "river-to-the-sea" friends tell you that you are "a tiny, minute, insignificant and ineffective minority, and what is more an ostracized and despised minority"? They don't want to hear your BS about "peace", since they are not interested in peace.
their stupidity and lack of any real sense of social justice knows no bounds as my video from last Sunday shows:
Well, that's going to leave a mark. OTOH, these folks have been well-schooled in ignoring their own dignity or survival issues, so I'm sure they'll pick themselves up, apologize for being so arrogant as to consider themselves allies, and keep rolling.
Post a Comment