German Chancellor Angela Merkel, British Prime Minister David Cameron , Italy's Prime Minister Matteo Renzi, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, Israel's prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu , and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas were among the leaders marching with French President Francois Hollande.
The bitter irony of Mahmoud Abbas attending a rally against terror could not be lost on the participating dignitaries. Abbas was reputedly the financier of the massacre of Israeli athletics in the 1972 Munich Olympics. Abbas has repeatedly honored those accused of egregious attacks of terror against the Israeli people.
From Palestinian Media Watch
- Dec. 2012, Abbas honored 6 terrorists responsible for killing hundreds of Israelis and two American diplomats, including Hamas founder Ahmed Yassin, PFLP leader Abu Ali Mustafa, Black September leader Abu Iyad and others
- Jan. 2013, Abbas pledged to follow path of 15 terrorists responsible for killing hundreds.In his speech on the occasion of Fatah's anniversary, Abbas pledged to follow the path of numerous terrorists, and others responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Israelis. He also mentioned Hitler's ally the Grand Mufti Haj Amin Al-Husseini, who recruited Muslims to fight with the Nazis in World War II.
- March 2013, Abbas honored the murderer of 2 students, terrorist Abd Rabbo who killed two Israeli university students
- April 2013, Abbas honored Abu Jihad for orchestrating the most lethal attack in Israeli history, the hijacking of a bus and killing of 37 civilians, 12 of them children. The official PA news agency WAFA has credited him with being responsible for the deaths of 125 Israelis.
- May 2013, Abbas refused to condemn or dismiss his adviser Sultan Abu Al-Einein, who glorified a murderer tabbed an Israeli father of five to death.