From our friends at San Francisco Voice for Israel:
ACTION ALERT-- Confront Anti-Semitic Hate Speech in Oakland, Saturday
February 25, 6:30 PM.
Gilad Atzmon, an anti-Semitic author, writer and musician based in London, is scheduled to speak in Oakland, California, on February 25, at a “benefit for the Global March to Jerusalem – North America.” The event will be at 7:30 PM at 1428 Alice Street Oakland (near the 12th Street BART station--Alice Street is 4 blocks east of Broadway).
According to a flyer publicizing the event, Atzmon will appear with Dennis Bernstein, producer and co-host of KPFA news program, Flashpoints Radio, at the Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts, which is administered by the City of Oakland and its Department of Parks and Recreation.
The “Global March to Jerusalem” campaign seeks to coordinate efforts by activists from around the world to cross Israel’s borders and enter Jerusalem to “demand [its] freedom” on March 30, 2012. The “Global March to Jerusalem” Facebook page is rife with anti-Semitic and other extreme content. While Atzmon rejects being characterized as an anti-Semite, the following remarks from his writings reveal an almost obsessive hatred of Jews and Jewish identity.
* "Tolerance, democracy and liberalism, are foreign to Jewish political precepts which are all racially orientated and supremacist to the bone.”
* “I like to fight alone; I take responsibility. Along the years, there have been a lot attempts to destroy the few of us who have stood up against Jewish power.”
* “We are all subject to Zionist global politics. According to my model, the credit crunch is in fact a Zionist ‘punch’.”
* “Jews were responsible for the killing of Jesus.”
* “If the Left wants to stop Israel for real, then it must openly question the notion of Jewish Power and its role within Western politics and media. But can the Left do it? I am not so sure.”
* “I'm not going to say whether it is right or not to burn down a synagogue, I can see that it is a rational act.”.
(information quoted above courtesy of the Anti-Defamation League)
Atzmon has crossed so far over the line into anti-Semitic hate speech that even extreme anti-Israel activists in the UK have denounced him.
StandWithUs/San Francisco Voice for Israel will hold a vigil outside this event from 6:30-7:45 PM. As always, feel free to make your own signs but please no signs or graphics offensive to any racial or ethnic group including but not limited to Arabs, Islam, or Palestinians. Signs in violation of our policies will not be allowed.
count me in!
I'd be there if I wasn't going to be in Hawaii then!
Post a Comment