Thursday, December 29, 2011

Richard Silverstein exposed by Israellycool's Aussie Dave

Someone, buy this man a beer for me.

Israellycool's Aussie Dave lay a trap for Blogger Richard Silverstein, in an effort to expose him as the shoddy and unscrupulous person that he is. And Silverstein fell for it, big time.

From Israellycool:

"For years, I have been posting about his hatred for Israel and nastiness, which makes a mockery of his blog’s name Tikkun Olam (“Repairing/Healing the World”). Recently, he was cited by the mainstream media, due to his posts blaming Israel and the Mossad for explosions in Iran and Lebanon, as well as for leaking online some FBI surveillance transcripts of conversations caught on F.B.I. wiretaps of the Israeli Embassy in Washington. Although I have demonstrated on numerous occasions the inaccuracies in his posts, I knew I had to step things up a notch to really show how unreliable and careless with the facts he is.

So I set a trap."


Did he ever.

In one fell swoop, Dave exposed the truth about Richard Silverstein:

From Dave:
So to summarize what we have here:

Despite claiming to want to “repair the world”, Silverstein reveals what he thinks is my name and address, potentially placing my safety and the safety of my family at risk
Silverstein posts this on the basis of an anonymous source he knows nothing about, and a Facebook Profile with my URL and one friend!
Silverstein does not recognize the photo of someone heavily in the news in Israel, despite his claims about being knowledgable about goings on there
Silverstein invents facts based on nothing more than speculation, despite being presented with a more realistic alternative interpretation
Silverstein lies about me publishing his personal details


But please, read the whole sordid tale at Israellycool

****

Oh, Yitz. I really did read your blog post on the mitzvah of the rebuke.

"It is called tokhachah (תוכחה) and comes from the Torah in Vayikra (Leviticus) 19:17 as both an expression of mutual concern and responsibility. The mitzvah calls upon every Jew to assist one another with constructive criticism based on love. Specifically, it states:

לא-תִשְׂנָא אֶת-אָחִיךָ, בִּלְבָבֶךָ; הוֹכֵחַ תּוֹכִיחַ אֶת-עֲמִיתֶךָ, וְלא-תִשָּׂא עָלָיו חֵטְא
Hate not your brother (sister) in your heart; you shall surely rebuke your neighbor and not bear sin (because of him/her)."


I understand, and it really is a virtue to aspire to. Yet I can't help but think that an exception should be made for the likes of Richard Silverstein.

1 comment:

DrMike said...

Somewhere, Dan is simultaneously busting a gut in hysterical laughter and cursing for not having done this himself.....