Friday, March 1, 2013

In which Code Pink loses it. Again



You might remember them from their two hour hunger strike at the San Francisco Egyptian Consulate, or for their tendency to remove their clothing at the slightest provocation.

Rae Abileah of Code Pink

If you want serious discussion you’d best look elsewhere. Given the chance to participate in a cable television discussion, Code Pink's Nancy Kricorian  simply turned tail and fled.  Code Pink might be the best example of how, with  increasingly frequency, the tactics of anti-Israel groups are crossing the line from political activism to serious pathology.

From an email sent to the Code Pink mailing list,  attributed to Comedy Central talk show host Jon Stewart:
February 27, 2013
I like the president, but if he's going to claim the right to kill me with a flying robot, don't I at least deserve to know why?
Last week, we did a segment on The Daily Show about President Obama’s refusal to release the classified memos justifying his use of killer drones. Now, I've always said that I'm a comedian, even after my role in Big Daddy. But this story got me thinking a little more seriously.
Then I got a call from my friend Medea Benjamin, cofounder of CODEPINK. She saw that my correspondent Aasif Mandvi had the memos and wanted us to release them. But ever since he read them, Aasif's been too scared to come out from under his desk. So Medea asked me to join her in demanding that Congress do something. Naturally, I said no. I'm a comedian, not an activist. But then she said I could have one of the giant vaginas she sometimes wears and I said “absolutely.” As a virile man, I'd do anything for a vagina.
So join me in calling on Patrick Leahy – the big, bald-headed Democrat who heads the Senate Judiciary Committee – to get his hands on those drone memos. If he does, he'll be doing a public service. And he can have my vagina.
Yours, 
Jon Stewart, host of Comedy Central's The Daily Show

Trouble is, Jon had nothing to do with this.

”This letter was absolutely not written by Jon Stewart,” a Comedy Central spokesperson said.

Afterwards, Code Pink activists squealed about the “success” of their little publicity stunt controversy at Facebook


This might very well be a jump the shark moment for Code pink, as they once again lower the bar on both good sense and good taste.  

Do you want to know what Jon Stewart really thinks of Code Pink? This classic from comedy Central might give you a hint


1 comment:

The back of the hill said...

Errm, that photo.

No breakfast for me, thank you.