Monday, March 18, 2013

Mariam Farhat: Dead at 64

 ‘Jihad comes ahead of everything, including my feelings as a mother.’’
                                                     Mariam Farhat, Gaza legislator

Mariam Farhat, also known as Umm Nidal is dead at age 64.  The mother of 10 gained notoriety by participating in her teenaged son, Muhammad Farhat  martyrdom video, in 2002.. In the video , Farhat said, "I wish I had 100 boys like Mohammad.  I'd sacrifice them for the sake of God."  He eventually opened fire on  Israeli students,  killing five students and wounding 23 others . After her son was shot dead, Farhat  proclaimed "Allah Akbar!" and gave out boxes of halva and chocolates. Her response , "...I consider this a blessing, not a tragedy.”

"When I see all the Jews in Palestine killed, that will be enough for me," his mother said on camera. "I wish he will kill as many as he can, so they will be scared."

Thousands, including Prime Minister Haniyeh of Gaza attended her funeral.

Mariam Farhat and her honor guard


No comments: