From the Israel Advocacy group, StandWithUs
Want to learn more about the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS)
movement against Israel? Its real agenda is the elimination of the
state of Israel. Learn how you can eliminate BDS, instead.
StandWithUs (SWU) is proud to present a 3- part live, interactive
roundtable discussion series "Standing Up to BDS" on Vonvo.com to
analyze the BDS movement and effective responses to its tactics. Our
first program will focus on universities. Speakers are: Dr Michael
Harris, community activist with StandWithUs San Francisco ; Brett Cohen,
SWU National Campus Program Director, Hen Mazzig, Campus Coordinator
SWU Northwest, and Max Samarov, SWU research assistant. Audience
participants can send in questions via the live chat room.
Please join us at 12 noon Eastern 9 AM Pacific, 7 PM Israel time on Sunday March 2 at Vonvo.com.
Our second program on Sunday March 9 will feature Dr Harris in
discussion with Rob Jacobs, director of StandWithUs Northwest and
Barbara Mazor, one of the leaders of the successful effort to defeat the
BDS movement at the Park Slope Food Co-op in Brooklyn, about ways to
counter BDS attempts to coerce community organizations and businesses to
boycott Israeli products.
Our third and final event on Sunday
March 16 will include Dr Harris as well as Roberta Seid, director of
research for StandWithUs, and Peggy Shapiro, Chicago community
coordinator for StandWithUs discussing how to stop BDS in the academic
All 3 events will all be held at 12 noon Eastern 9 AM Pacific, 7 PM Israel time.
Vonvo recommends people use the browser Google Chrome
Finally instructions for attending and participating are listed below. We hope to see you all there!
to download Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
1. Make sure you are using the browser Google Chrome or Firefox (preferably chrome)
2. Good internet connection on your COMPUTER (mobile doesn't work)
3. Login in with your Facebook account to actively participate (not required)
1. Go to www.vonvo.com using Google Chrome
2. click the "log in with facebook" button and sign in
3. scroll down to the "StandWithUs" channel
4. click the "Join Live Vonvo" button (dropdown will appear)
5. click the "View Live Vonvo" button
6. enjoy the discussion!!