On previous trips to the Bay Area, notorious anti-Semite Gilad Atzmon performed at the Berkeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists, the Lake Merrit Methodist Church and in the Islamic Cultural Center.
Tomorrow, he is playing in an Oakland Auto Body Shop. Other than a sinking ship, or a dark alleyway, can you imagine a better venue for the holocaust denying racist, who has been condemned by everyone from the Electronic Intifada's Ali Abunimeh to the ADL?
7pm Wednesday May 15th
Uptown Body Shop
401 26th St., Oakland,
510.224.3518 19th St. BART
$10-$20 suggested donation, no one turned away for lack of funds
From the ISM announcement
Gilad Atzmon was born in Israeli occupied Palestine in 1963 and had his
musical training at the Rubin Academy of Music, Jerusalem (Composition and
Jazz). As a multi-instrumentalist he plays Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Baritone
Saxes, Clarinet and Flutes.
Occupied Palestine, 1963? Remember that when people say to you "What about the Settlements?"
Gilad Atzmon's own words:
* To regard Hitler as the ultimate evil is nothing but surrendering to the Zio-centric discourse. To regard Hitler as the wickedest man and the Third Reich as the embodiment of evilness is to let Israel off the hook.
* We should never compare Israel to Nazi Germany. As far as evilness is concerned, we should now let Israel take the lead.
* I'm not going to say whether it is right or not to burn down a synagogue, I can see that it is a rational act.
* We must begin to take the accusation that the Jewish people are trying to control the world very
seriously.... American Jewry makes any debate on whether the 'Protocols of the elder of Zion' are an
authentic document or rather a forgery irrelevant. American Jews do try to control the world, by proxy.
* I'm anti-Jewish, not anti-Jews. I think Jewish ideology is driving our planet into a catastrophe and we must stop.
Want to help keep Oakland hate-free? Drop the Uptown Body Shop a line firstname.lastname@example.org
Its likely they have no idea what they are hosting, so be polite and respectful.